Far Infrared Thermal Therapy Benefits:
1) Far Infrared expands capillaries which stimulates increased blood flow, regeneration, circulation and oxygen. It also maintains and promotes healthy lung function.
2) Far Infrared is excellent for detoxification and helps lymphatic cleansing. Scientists in Japan report that in the FIR treatment of clogged capillary vessels, heat expands the capillaries and then initiates the start of a process to dissolve hidden toxins. Far Infrared thereby promotes elimination of fats, chemicals and toxins from the blood: poisons, heavy metals – carcinogenic substances from food processing – lactic acid, free fatty acids, and subcutaneous fat associated with aging and fatigue – excess sodium associated with blood pressure – and uric acid. Furthermore, if sebaceous glands are activated, accumulated cosmetics in pores can be eliminated through the skin (sweat and oil glands), as opposed to the kidneys.
3) Far Infrared emits photons, photons help release enzymes, enzymes stimulate macrophage activity increasing the elimination of damaged and unhealthy tissues – nitric oxide (NO) is released which expands capillaries and increases circulation, which carries toxins to the lymph system and out of the body.
4) Far Infrared promotes creation of nitric oxide. The action of nitric oxide was not discovered until about 1991 by Dr. Salvador Mondada. Then three Pharmacologists, Robert F. Furchgott, Louis J. Ignarro, and Ferid Murad won the Nobel Prize in 1996 for “for their discoveries concerning nitric oxide as a signalling molecule in the cardiovascular system”. – www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/1998/
Note on nitric oxide:
“From diabetes to hypertension, cancer to drug addiction, stroke to intestinal motility, memory and learning disorders to septic shock, sunburn to anorexia, male impotence to tuberculosis, there is probably no pathological condition where nitric oxide does not play an important role.” – Source: nitricoxidesociety.org – Nitric Oxcide Society Website.
5) Far Infrared may promote the elimination of various parasitical and non-parasitical invaders.
6) Far Infrared promotes rebuilding of injured tissue (tissue regeneration), by having a positive effect on the fibroblasts (connective tissue cells necessary for the repair of injury). Furthermore, it supports cell growth, DNA syntheses, and protein synthesis all necessary during tissue repair and regeneration. Excellent for healing burns, scar tissue and skin problems such as acne and skin breakouts – anti-aging effects and lessening/softening of wrinkles due to enhanced collagen production.
7) Far Infrared relieves nervous tension and relax auto-neuro muscles thereby helping the body make the most of its intended healing abilities. FIR reduces soreness on nerve endings and muscle spasms, as muscle fibers are heated. As a result, rapid reduction of swelling, inflammation and associated pain occurs. Relaxation of muscles and relief of muscular aches – reduces back, shoulder and neck pains.
8) Far Infrared strengthens and supports the Immune system by supporting increased production of white blood cells (leukocytes) by the bone marrow and killer T-cells by the thymus.
“Natural killer cells in the immune system are crucial to effective immune defence. Hyperthermia releases a bunch of zytokines and heat shock proteins which make cancer cells more immunogenic that means they are better recognized by the natural killer cells. NK cells are essential in killing virus-infected cells and destroying cancer cells. The nutrients selenium, ß-glycan and zinc increase circulating levels of natural killer cells and boost their cancer-killing activity.” – Extract from article written by Dr. Friedrich Douwes, Klinic St. Georg, Germany.
9) Far Infrared strengthens the cardiovascular system by causing heart rate and cardiac output increase, and diastolic blood pressure decrease – research by NASA in the early 1980’s led to the conclusion that far infrared stimulation of cardiovascular function would be the ideal way to maintain cardiovascular conditioning in American astronauts during long space flight.
10) Far Infrared thermal therapy – commonly known as hyperthermia across Europe and Asia – provides support in the destruction of malignant cells which cannot survive if the temperature of the cell becomes 107.6F/42C and above.
11) Far Infrared soothes tension and stress in both body and mind.
12) Far infrared radiation (FIR): its biological effects and medical applications. – PubMed, first published online Oct 16th, 2012